Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The 411 on 12 Twigs

One stick can be snapped easily, three with effort, twelve almost impossible. With my twelve twig project, I am highlighting and showcasing one idea, an idea that when a group of twigs are placed together they create a stability that can not be broken. My goal is to emphasis this feature and highlight its strong quality.

Right now there is a chinese ladder wrap around all twelve twigs. It leads to the center, where it is met by a metallic sphere, and slowly branches off from that point. The chinese laddering also makes a spiral around the twigs, creating a pattern that draws your eyes closer to the metal sphere. feel like I need to do some variety reduction and only wrap six of the twigs. I am also changing the color of the wrapping to a pale green, which will strongly contrast with copper wire.

My first idea for my project was to stand it up, but Tommy had the idea of turning to the side and I believe it creates a much stronger message. I chose to leave the twigs at a quite long length to create a contrast with the small sphere.

No comments: