Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Coming Full Circle


Community. After a year in the Interior Architecture program I have realized that the word community holds a greater meaning then I ever gave it. I have come to trust, love, and cherish all of my piers. As first years, we have formed our own community. We take care of each other when were sick, we help each other when we can't handle the world, we take the fall for one another, we are a community of boss bitches. You mess with one, you mess with all. A friend will bail you out of jail, but great friends (a.k.a. all of us) ... we'll be sitting next to each other saying, "Damn what a great night!"


Stewardship. To be in charge of and in control of situations such as people places and/or things. Take for instance this story: A young girl, of no more then 20 years of age, is driving down the road, eating a big juicey, thick burger from her favorite restuarant, McDonalds, as so many vegitarians do. She finishes up the bun-wrapped cow, and throws the wrapper out the window. This story is an example of bad stewardship, because the burger eating vegitarian is not taking charge of her surroundings.



Authenticity. Being original, new, and fresh. In my many years on this planet I have realized that a lot of people are not authentic. Many try to fit in with everyone else instead of standing out. You will never find me doing this. The queen bee of fashion, Miss Coco Chanel said, "In order to be remembered one must always be different." Who wants to be ordinary in a crazy-mixed up world. Now I know that I can be fake to people sometimes, like when I say "Oh my gosh your outfit looks so foxy" when I really mean "That is the ugliest skirt I've ever seen!" But for the most part I'm honest. What I do hate though is when people fake bake and go to the tanning bed. I feel like it is a disgrace to my native Hawaiian/Brazillian/Spanish heritage. I am tan, you're not. Don't change yourself, love yourself. Be original, be authentic.



Inivation. To be new, creative; to hybrid new and old; to discover. When one is inivative they are trying out new things. I try to do new things all the time. When I first came into this program, I would have ideas for projects fluttering through my head, like a school of butterflies around a field of sun red tulips. I realized that my ideas were too complicated and I did too much with my projects. Whe I realized this I refined myself to do more simple and "to the point" projects. Now theres only a few (and by few I mean 59, give or take a few) butterflies in my head. Old with new. Inivation.

My community of stone fox, boss bitches is my family. I would do anything for them, a friend is a single soul dwelling in two bodies. Next time you go for that corndog dipped in mustard yellow .... mustard, remember DON'T LITTER, cause I will hunt you down and find you like the chihuahua you are. GO GREEN and be substainable. Save your mother lands. Love yourself always and be authentic. If you feel like a troll, dress like a troll, it doesn't matter what you look like. If you've got a hunch back, just throw a little glitter on it babies and go dancing. And finally, my teachers, my friends, my loveys, always be inivative and try out new things, but remember to be yourselves ALWAYS!!

GONZALEZ OUT !!

BLINK BLINK !!

1 comment:

j.foster. said...

if this were facebook i'd thumbs up...since its not picture me applauding