Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dialog 12 x 12 (Ideas)



This project was called Dialog 12 x 12. We were instructed to create two spaces that have a dialog between each other, using only 12 pieces of paper and 12 skewers.
The thought of dialog automatically made me think of parenthesis, holding a conversation. I couldn't really think of anything to make with that, so I decided to use the forms of the greater than, less than forms. I created two movable pieces that could create a new scene anywhere you placed them.
As you can see, with the picture above, one side has curved edges off of the skewers, while the other straight. This was to create a sense of personality in the paper. One side being more aggressive and firm, while the other softer and gentle.

Unfortunately my project was destroyed before I could snap a picture of it. However, above are detailed drawings of each side, and below, the second image is an early rendition of my final.

No comments: