Monday, February 2, 2009

The Cat in the Hat


In studio, we had to create a wearable artifact that represented the underline meanings of our assigned fairy tale. My story was called the owl (if you look further down there is a description of that story). The essence of my story was, Don't base everything on your first judgement, take a closer look. I created a hat because an owl is a symbol of knowledge, and a hat goes over your brain. I created it out of newspaper because from far away a newspaper looks like a scary mess and you cant make out what's important, but when you take a closer look that picture becomes clearer. I made the hat come over one eye, because in my story the towns people were half- blind to what the owl was really like. The feathers are more of a literal meaning, representing the owl of course. I put really long feathers in the hat with small ones rising on it to represent the towns people trying to rise over the owl.

No comments: