Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh! Olaf

A while back my roommate / soul sister / soulmate introduced me to an artist named...


... she showed me a few of his paintings and I absolutely died. I had to see more, so I decided to look him up and find a website that displayed all of his beautiful work. Luckily I stumbled across his home page and this is what I discovered...

"tree"
This painting fascinates me every time I look at it.
It's so simple yet elaborate at the same time.

"last"
What do you do when you have the weight
of the world on your shoulders?

"natura morte"
One life gives way to many.

"paradise 1"
I love the play on Botticelli's Venus and
painting men in women's clothing

"paradise 2"

"flower heads"
I love the link to Marie Antoinette, with the outrageous
hair piece, in the right image.

"cover for du magazin"

"portrait of chopin for a cd cover for universal music"

"october : invitation-card for Paris Fashion Week :
talbot und runhof"

No comments: