Saturday, April 17, 2010

Unity Village . Phase 3 . Residential Design .

Further Process Images

After reviewing my previous renderings, I thought that adding bold splashes of color would be a way to make my space look younger.

I found that it wasn't really successful and I kept wanting to go back to my original color palette.

Attempt: Getting rid of the decoration and adding a bright color to the cabinet faces. Also using the ceiling as a way to show connection.
Problem: Color creates a disconnect from the rest of the space. Placing the spiral column on the ceiling just doesn't fit.

Attempt: Trying a different color on the cabinets - matching the pink to the throw pillows and flowers on table. Darker Table.
Problem: Pink is WAY too much and though I love to be bold, this is a tad too outrageous for me.

Attempt: Pattern on carpets.
Problem: Too many patterns.

Attempt: Going back to my original choice of green for the cabinets, rugs back to original neutral color. Darker table. Add beams across ceiling to connect the living spaces. Orange on the ceiling.
Problem: I'm still trying to make a pop of bright color work, BUT it won't!!

No comments: