Monday, April 12, 2010

Strength

assignment: compose a 200 word essay on your strengths as a designer.

Right now I honestly don't know what makes me a good designer, I'm still trying to figure that out.
I do know what I love though, and I know what I love to do. I love making something from nothing and completely putting myself in everything I create. With all of my projects people always try to give me their insight and tell me what they think I should do to make something better. Most of the time I don't listen. If it's a really good idea then I'll make adjustments were I find it necessary, but generally I stick with my own thoughts. I find that when you start paying attention to what others say and make changes to appease them you loose yourself in the process. By doing so you also loose confidence in what you do, and you can't defend what yours because it isn't yours anymore. Obviously when working with a client I know that you put their needs above yours, but loosing who you are at any point along the way would be the biggest regret. I always try to stay true to who I am. I may get a tad bit defensive when it comes to my work, but these are my dreams put onto paper. How could you not defend something that’s apart of you?

my first studio project ever... design a place for a leaf.

No comments: